A lot easier said than done… I’ve tried it!
I always think of other things I can be doing. Sterilise the bottles, catch up on tv, write a blog post, take a million photos of him sleeping, there is always something.
When Lucas has his nap, If i’m at home I like to have “me” time, put my feet up and do something for myself. Make myself feel a little more human and remember I have my own identity.
Since having Lucas, I have so many visitors, but you know they’re not all just coming to see me, they just want their “Lucas fix.” I am no longer just Nicole, I’m Lucas’ mummy, of course I love that, but you still want to have your old identity too.
When I am alone my favourite things to do when Lucas is asleep are:
- Cleanse, Tone and moisturise my face - Since the third trimester, my usual blemish free skin has turned to rubbish.
- Catch up on my cheesy TV, “the only way is essex” “teen mom 2” “jeremy kyle” ect… - I’m making the most of the fact I have control of the TV, while Lucas is still too young to understand or focus on the children’s channels (he does watch baby TV sensory on the ipad stood up in his moses basket or on the macbook.)
- Paint my nails - to feel a little more normal.
- Attempt the worlds quickest shower - I am still paranoid about getting into the shower and Lucas needing my attention.
- Read a cheesy gossip magazine.
- Make a smoothie.
- Prepare dinner for the evening - Brad works long days and I love cooking.
- Check out blogs - Try to write a blog post or two and catch up with a few of my favourites… (check out a handful of my favs!! dearlittledaisy, th3littlestavenger, inthesunflowerfield <—(Previously simpleheartsblog), bouncingbabyblue, raisingcharlieandindie, captainwifelife, babyboybakery and lovelyblondecloset
What are your favourite things to do when your little one has a nap? Do you sleep when they sleep?
- vogliotemortosottountreno likes this
- ultra-andrewwest likes this
- rabab94 likes this
- devious-andi likes this
- getoffthetable answered: I think that addage is more reasonable when they are toddlers. I for sure sleep when my toddler sleeps lol.
- alycedimatteo likes this
- kassandbaby likes this
- thevoiceofwillow likes this
- builttorun said: I take the baby monitor into the bathroom with me when I have a shower cause even 3 months in I’m worried she’ll need me. But I leave housework for when she’s awake as she’s fine playing on her mat or sitting in her bouncer while I do dishes etc
- from-where-i-stand likes this
- watamidoing likes this
- doc-sharon likes this
- gracelet14 likes this
- octonana likes this
- brittany-copp likes this
- kieransmumma likes this
- forevermunaaa likes this
- loveacrossdseas likes this
- efigies likes this
- beopups likes this
- hattievengeance said: I have developed an obsession with doing loom bands while Everett sleeps! They’re fast and I feel like I’ve achieved something haha!
- hattievengeance likes this
- l0stamongthestars answered: I do quiet things so I don’t wake him! But once classes pick up again I’ll be doing homework during naptime (if he will start taking them!)
- knownothingdad likes this
- awaitingbabydebramarie likes this
- mama-de-dragones likes this
- la-la-la-whateverr likes this
- becomingamommy said: I try to catch up on my shows, clean, or eat when Natalie naps. But lately she’s gone down to 3 naps which 2 are only 30 minutes and the other is longer so sometimes I’ll nap with her during the long one :)
- ourgiftfromastork likes this
- xotld likes this
- tuikkumama likes this
- spookygf likes this
- migettee likes this
- leonslioness likes this
- miabella987 likes this
- gratefulmama12 likes this
- gemmaisagem said: I agree. I wash diapers, dishes, make food, watch tv and play with my pets. Although yesterday I missed my follow up appointment with my OB Gyn because I was sleeping with the babies.
- gemmaisagem likes this
- buthavenotlove likes this
- decipheringmotherhood likes this
- sahmommamang likes this
- dearlittlelucas posted this